With summer in full swing, it’s a great time to update your guest room to help visitors feel right at home. Soft neutrals provide a calming, clean slate, while a pop of color in your favorite art, bedside lamps or sconces, and throws adds interest. We especially appreciate the accents that not only look lovely, but also serve a functional purpose. Your guest bedroom re-do can be as extensive as a full makeover with paint, wallpaper, flooring, room-darkening window treatments (everyone loves these!) and more. Alternatively, attention to a few details in the right area helps guests welcome feel intentional. After all, it’s the little things that make a big impact.
- A soft throw in your favorite accent color adds pop to the décor. Plus, it’s an easy way for guests to cuddle warmly in the night. Pottery Barn offers a variety of throws in the latest colors in everything from chunky knits to faux fur.
- Help overnight guests feel at home with a bedside water carafe. We love the lightly tinted glass carafes that are pretty and practical.
- Plush bath and hand towels that coordinate with the bed and bath color palette are pleasing to sight and touch.
- Extra long bedside tables give guests more storage space in drawers. Suitcases can often be carefully stored below the table. Small chests or nightstands 30” and wider also provide additional surface space and drawers for storage.
- Include a chair, ottoman or small sofa if space allows. Guests may want to ease into and out of the day and a comfortable sitting area creates a relaxing atmosphere. It’s also a great place for them to place their shopping bags after a fun day a local shopping!
- The day your guests are scheduled to arrive, place a small floral bouquet on a dresser or bedside table. This personal touch extends your hospitality throughout the visit.
Attention to details like these remind your guests that they really can feel at home, away from home. What are some of your favorite items that make a visit to a friend or family’s home extra comforting?
Contact us to begin your wonderful design journey.